Friday, August 16, 2013

Kendrick Lamar slams Drake and star rappers in new track

Kendrick Lamar
Apparently rapper Kendrick Lamar is readying himself for some verbal warfare, possibly even from his erstwhile buddy, Toronto's Jewish hip hop artist Drake.

In Big Sean's latest track, Control, Lamar raps a verse in which he takes on some of the industry's biggest stars.

"I'm usually homeboys with the same n----s i'm rhymin with
But this is hip-hop and them n----s should know what time it is
And that goes for Jermaine Cole, Big K.R.I.T., Wale
Pusha T, Meek Mill, A$AP Rocky, Drake
Big Sean, Jay Electron', Tyler, Mac Miller.
I got love for you all but I'm tryna murder you n----s
Tryna make sure your core fans never heard of you n----s
They don't wanna hear not one more noun or verb from you n---as."

Drake
The Compton, Calif., artist, who played several Canadian dates this summer, including shows in Montreal and Toronto earlier this month, was trending on Twitter earlier this week, provoking much discussion.

Drake has collaborated with Lamar – they've performed on each other's albums and toured together – and Lamar says he still hopes to work with Drake on his next album.

No response from Drake yet, though Wale told TMZ, "I would have been offended if my name wasn’t on that sh*t. I still feel like I’m the best rapper on the planet."

No comments: